Monday, June 24, 2013

Loyalty

  Agent 54 here again.  I’m so excited about my jobs listening and reading for the NSA that I’m even doing it on Sunday.  Today’s first call went like this:

Pete:  Hey Bob?

Bob:  Hello, is that Pete?

Pete:  Yeah Bob, it’s been a long time.  What’s shakin?

Bob:  Oh, not much since the boss went up the river.

Pete:  Yeah well, that’s why I called.  As you probably know, my boss, The Penguin is currently masterminding a whole new plan to rob and steal everything in Gotham City again and he asked me to recruit about a dozen new henchmen to help with the fun.  Naturally, I thought of  you because of your experience fighting it out with Batman and the Boy Wonder.  Whatta  ya say Bob, you in?

Bob:  Yeah, I don’t know.  I mean, I been with The Joker for a lotta years now and he’ll be back in 3 to 5.

Pete:  C’mon Bob, I know a guy like you can’t sit around for 3 to 5 and watch the world go by.  You’ll love working for the Penguin.  He pays well and we have a dental plan and HQ has a great big icy pool and every Friday we have an all-you-can-eat fish fry.

Bob:   Sounds good Pete but, you know how The Joker is about loyalty,  I mean, he’ll kill me.  I gotta say no.

Pete:  Well, I had to try.  Take care and uh, do you have a number for any of  The Riddler’s guys? 


I sent this one to my boss, H. Cuffs right away and he told me “good catch kid”.  I wouldn’t be surprised to get a merit badge or a NSA mug or something for this one.  God Bless America.

10 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahahahaha. Sounds just like our crooks in government doesn't it. Yep.

    Have a terrific Silly Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I correct the link for you so everyone can easily find this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You are wonderful. Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. If the position is still open, maybe The Penguin could sign me up instead! Hard to say no to those perks! And besides,The Penguin was always my favorite Batman character! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burgess Meredith as the Penguin was the best. I'm sure he'd hire you. Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Frank was great. Thanks for your support.

      Delete
  5. Jim Carrey too. I like riddles it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't care that much for Carrey as Riddler. Thanks again.

      Delete
  6. Shifting loyalties are a sign of the times.

    ReplyDelete