Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year’s Party at the NSA

  Agent 54 here again.  The New Year is approaching fast and that means New Year’s Parties.  Of course I am one of the “designated drivers” for our party at the NSA because I don’t drink.   I’m okay with doing that because I want my friends to get home safely and I usually get some good stories out of the dumb stuff that happens when people drink too much.  I’ve prepared by loading my truck with barf-bags, breath mints, a first aid kit, fire extinguisher and extra towels and blankets.  Just sayin, better safe than sorry.

  I’ll give you updates here as the party goes on and I’ll have to finish this report tomorrow because I can’t write and drive at this time.  It should be an interesting night because we have so many unusual personalities working at the Nominal Secrets Apparatus and they can each bring a guest.  Let the good times roll!

  10:34 pm New Year’s Eve:  My wife Carol and I got here about an hour ago and helped set things up.  We’re in the huge cafeteria and it’s all decorated and there’s enough booze here get the whole town drunk.  I’ve introduced my wife to my friends and met their wives and/or girlfriends as they have come in.  Right now, I kicking back at a table by myself with a Dr. Pepper and a funny hat and I feel like Forrest Gump in NYC at New Years.  My wife is gabbing away in a lady circle with new friends she’s already made like Mrs. Gasket, Lovely Rita-Meter Maid, Agent 99, Flo and Madge as the room quickly fills.

  11:02 pm New Year’s Eve:  My buddy Billy Idol just walked into the room with Lady Gaga and everybody shouted out for him.  He’s enjoying the limelight like the Rock Star he was and he looks half-drunk already.  He and lady Gaga took the stage with the local band that was hired for the night named Talk To Sheep featuring Nate Morrow on guitar.

  11.04 pm  New Year’s Eve:  Billy is whaling “with a rebel yell” and the place is rockin.  Now it’s a party.  Lady Gaga is whaling with Billy and it works.

  11:16 pm New Year’s Eve:  My table has filled up as my buddy John Rumble has joined me.  As usual, he has no shirt on and is wearing a black bow-tie.  He has already attracted Flo and Madge over to the table.  Billy, with Lady Gaga all over him, threw his leather vest over the chair next to me and then the two of them disappeared.  I think there’s a smoky little party going on just outside the back door of this building.  I don’t care as long as they don’t drive.

  11:28 pm New Year’s Eve:  I’ve been trying to sell Rumble on my Batman The Moron  movie idea but, I’m sensing he’s not all that interested.  Flo and Madge are ogling John and I sense that he would rather be somewhere else.  Madge says she’s retired from Palmolive and working at the NSA part-time.  Her nails still look good.  Flo said she’s here with the Geico Gecko but I haven’t seen the little green bugger all night.  In fact, I never seen him at work either.  Maybe he’s on the night-shift?

  11:29 pm New Year’s Eve:  My boss, H. Cuffs is making the rounds and he stopped by my table.  H. Cuffs is still pleased that I caught Yogi Bear before he could bust Boo Boo out of the slammer but, the thing is, the judge let Boo Boo out a week later under Ranger Smith’s recognizance.  Oh well, at least I scored a brownie point with H. Cuffs.

  11:32 pm New Year’s Eve:  Uh oh, here comes Gasket.  I like Commander Gasket enough but, I don’t want him to find out what’s going on out back.  He would probably start trouble and get his butt whupped and that would not be cool and I would have to go try to save him and I’d probably end up getting my butt whupped and I just don’t need all that tonight.  Shhhhh! Here he comes.

Commander Gasket:  Good Evening everyone.  Fine party, wouldn’t you say?

Rambo:  Great!  I gotta take a leak.  (Rumble gets up and leaves).

Commander Gasket:  Yes well, Agent 54, I trust there is no Rum in that Dr. Pepper you have there.  I know that you and I are both Designated Drivers tonight.

Agent 54:  Nothing but Dr. Pepper here.  I take my job seriously.  Say Inspector, have you met my wife, Carol?   (I get up and try to lead the inspector away to where my wife is still yaking but, he stops me).

Commander Gasket:  Wait a minute! That smell. You know what that is?

Agent 54:  (nervously) Uh, I think I stepped on a cow pie on the way in and,,,

Commander Gasket:  (interrupting) No, that’s the smell of Marijuana.  I’d know that smell anywhere from my many training seminars with the DEA, FBI,TSA, NCIS and others.  Well, it is a party.  Now, where’s that lovely wife of yours?

I was in shock.  He was cool about what was going on out back too.  I guess he figured as long as they don’t drive and keep it outside, hey It’s New Years.  I quickly regained my senses and dragged him over to meet Carol.

  11:45 pm  Some red-eyed wastiod tugged at my sleeve and said “Dude, dude you a friend of Billy’s?” 

Agent 54:  Yeah, is he okay?

Wastiod:  Uh, what do you mean by Okay?

Agent 54:  Where is he?

  11:48 pm  The wastiod led me to find Billy Idol out back, face down in the vomit filled grass with his butt up in the air and Lady Gaga leaning on it.  She’s singing something I’ve never heard before in between taking large gulps from a large liquor bottle. 

Agent 54:  Okay give me a hand,,,

I look around and nobody but, Billy and Gaga are there.  Was the wastiod a ghost or something?  Who knows?

  11:59 pm  I barely got those two into my 1998 Mercury Mountaineer, slammed the door and ran back to the party.  I have to find and tell Carol where I’m going or she will panic and call the police or worse, tell Gadget that I’m missing.  All the way back I’m wondering how much damage Billy and Gaga could be doing to my truck.

  12:01 am  A minute late.

Carol:  Where the hell were you?

At this point I know I have to tell her the entire story and somehow make her stay at the party while I drive the drunkies home.   As story time goes on and on I’m thinking that more and more damage is occurring in the truck and I start to panic.  What if one of those knuckleheads hot-wires my truck?

 
Nate Morrow with Talk To Sheep
12:04 am  I head for the exit.

 Agent 54:   I got to go!  I’ll fill you in on the rest of the details later!

Carol:  Yeah whatever!

As I pass through the doorway I’m thinking “why did I volunteer for this?”  I get to the truck, open the driver’s door and see alcohol and vomit soaked clothing all over the front seats.  I glimpse back to see the nearly naked drunkies doing what nearly naked drunkies do.

Agent 54:  Put your seat belts on you two!

Of course they ignore me and I start the truck and pull out slowly.  Looking back at the door of the cafeteria where the party is, I see my wife in the doorway with her hands on her hips.  Great!  This is gonna be a fine start to a fine New Year.

  As I drive, I begin to relax.  No problems.  I’m driving and I’m sober.  The drunkies haven’t seemed to even notice that we’re on the road to Gaga’s hotel (there’s only one hotel in town so it’s got to be hers)  What could go wrong?  ROADBLOCK!  A sobriety check-point ahead.

Agent 54:  Drunkies! Get your clothes on.  We got a shitload of cops up ahead!  Get dressed right now dammit!

I guess it was the word “cops” that sobered them up enough to attempt to redress themselves.  I was grabbing wet (I didn’t know which was soaked in booze or vomit, yuk!) clothing and tossing it into the back seat.  As I take a final look in the mirror before speaking to the officer I see something amazing.  The drunkies are both reasonably dressed with seat belts on but, they had switched some articles of clothing and they both had their hair and make-up messed up so bad that I couldn’t tell which one was which.  No matter, time to talk to the cop.

  12:24 am  I did it!  I handled the cop like a pro.  I mean, I just told him the truth but, I was still worried.  I mean I smelled like a liquor store because the drunkies clothing was soaked with it.  Oh, no.  A wet sock hits me in the head and lands on the dashboard.  I look in the mirror. 

Agent 54:  Can’t you two wait until we get to the Hotel?  It’s just another 10 minutes for Yoda’s sake!

  12:35 am  We arrive at the hotel and I tell the drunkies to get dressed again.

  12:45 am  I got the twenty something aged valet to help me and we get the half-dressed drunkies out of my truck.  I spot a puddle of vomit on the back seat floor that I was previously unaware of.

Valet:  Hey dude, is this Billy Idol?

Agent 54:  Naw kid, It’s a look-a-like we hired for the New Year’s party.  (what are friends for?).

Valet:  Wow, he looks just like him only older and drunker.

  12:55 am  We finally win our struggle to get the drunkies into the room and flop them on each on their own double bed.  Billy is unconscious.

Lady Gaga:  (slurring both words)  Thanks Bob. (She immediately passes out.)

Valet:  Who’s Bob?

Agent 54:  You are!  C’mon Bob, let’s get the hell out of here.

   1:05 am  The valet got me a bucket and a sponge and some Mr. Clean and I’m scrubbing vomit out of my truck in the hotel parking lot.  What a glorious way to start the New Year.  Happy 2014!  It’s all soup and nuts from here.


   1:15 am  I’m on the road back to the party and I’m reviewing the night’s events in my head.  I may have saved my friend’s and possibly some other driver’s lives by doing my disgusting duties.  That makes me feel good and I figure I’ll probably do it again next year.  Yeah, I guess, all’s well that ends well.  Now, just how much of this story do I try to explain to Carol? 
  



30 comments:

  1. That's one party I'm very glad I missed. Now I have confirmation that staying home New Years is a smart idea! You can never tell when Billy Idol is gonna show up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, and Lady Gaga can party too. Thanks for visiting and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to Agent 54. And all previous 53 agents.
    Health and happiness for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. 2014 should be a very interesting year for the NSA under the DORD.

      Delete
  3. Oh my. I got lost at your party and I'm sure Evil Twin is still there somewhere. I'm glad you made it home safely.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a lot of people there and a lot of alcohol. I'm glad you made it safely to 2014. Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't help Lady Gaga with anything. I'm just saying. I also wouldn't do what you did either. As for Carol? I'm thinking she'll understand.

    Have a fabulous day and a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she was Billy's guest for the night so,,,
      Let's all have a Happy New Year with lots of laughs for everyone and $728,000.00 for me.

      Delete
  5. Whenever Lady Gaga is present, there will always be a sandwich to eat. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I never heard that before but, that night I really wasn't very hungry.

      Happy New Year to everyone & $728,000.00 for me!

      Delete
  6. Man, I need to crash some of these parties! The NSA knows how to throw down! And throw up!

    We just sat on the couch in our underwear and watched the ball drop on TV with a bottle of wine. Stay classy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party was rocking for a little while. I used to work at Intel with the Guitar player from Talk To Sheep, Nate Morrow. He is a funny guy.

      A Happy and Regular New Year to you!

      Delete
  7. Note to self - do not attend parties with Agent 54.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least I'll get you home safely. You may wind up in a story but, you'll be safe.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  8. Would it be too pushy if I ask for an invitation to next years NY Eve party? All my favorites were at yours. No wonder mine sucked!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see what I can do. You know I'm kinda like a star there.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  9. What a night that was! Whew, hope you got rested...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good to go but I bet Gaga had a two day hangover.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  10. Your party sounds a heck of a lot better than the party I had. Sitting around playing board games with the husband, sipping on sparkling grape juice lol. I'm crashing your party next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can get you an invitation for next year. You know, I have some pull at the Nominal Secrets Apparatus (NSA).

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  11. Stars are over rated. I liked hanging out with family and friends. Happy New Years.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That maybe true however, stars need friends and family too.

      Thanks for playing. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  12. Well I'm jealous I would love to have gone to the party if only to meet Madge & Flo LOL

    Happy New Year to you and all the best for 2014 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making a list. I'll have to pull some strings but, I think I got it covered.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the recent visits to Obama Cartoon and TOTUS

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had quite a night ;) Happy New year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well you gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks for playing and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  15. Fancy entertainment you've got going on at that party. :) I'm always the DD too, which is fine by me. ;) Happy New Year to you! And thanks for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Sunday is my pleasure. Being a DD is like being a superhero in a small way. Happy New Year!

      Delete