Monday, February 16, 2015

Presidential Race 2016

  Agent 54 here again.  Well, Ron Burgundy has conceded the race to President Donald Trump.  It was a great race for Ron.  Let's take a look back at the fun we had on the campaign trail. 

  I’m really excited about this assignment. As you know the Nominal Secrets Apparatus (NSA) monitors all communications everywhere.  We have recorded the first and possibly the second candidates in the race for President of the United States for 2016.

Announcer:  Now here’s Ron Burgundy for Channel 4 News      

Ron Burgundy:  I’m here with the very first candidate in the race for President in 2016, Groucho Marx.  Groucho, how are you?

Groucho Marx:  Never mind how I am, how are you?  I hear you’re pretty good, don’t screw this up.

Ron:  Well, I am the ratings leader and my hair is a work of art but, I’m here to find out why you want to be President.

Groucho:  Why? Why not!  It’s a job.

Ron:  Well, what is your political persuasion?

Groucho:  My persuasion!  Well, I give them a little smile like this and a wink like that and presto! they’re like guacamole in my hand.    
 
Ron:  I see….

Groucho:  That’s good cause in your line of work vision is a bonus.

Ron:  Yes, well….

Groucho:  Well! That’s too deep a subject for someone running for President.
   Say, you kinda got a Presidential look about you.  Why don’t you run?

Ron:  Uh, well, do you really think I have a chance?

Groucho:  Hey! I’ll ask the questions around here.  Who’s running this interview anyway?

Ron:  I’m supposed to be….

Groucho: Ahhhh a supposition.  I was wondering when we’d get around to a supposition.  Actually I was wondering about my position for supper.    
  
Groucho:  Let me ask you, Ronald, a simple background question.   Sooooo, do you have a background?

Ron:  Uh, yes, I graduated from ….

Groucho:  Congratulations!  You’re fully qualified.  Good luck with your campaign.  See you on the trail,  Now I’m off to Tijuana!     
          
Ron:  Uh, yes, well, this is uh, Presidential Candidate Ron Burgundy for Channel 4 news saying “stay classy, America”.

Wow!  How great was that?  You know I think both candidates have a good chance despite one being dead and a the other a fictional character.  I don’t think the voters will hold that against them.  God Bless America.

Ron Burgundy's Big Announcement

14 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahahahaha. Loved this.

    All I have to say about the actual race is...No more Bush's and no more Clinton's in the white house. Please.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to support Ron if we really want change and great hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes they are! No more PC Professional Politicians!

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ron Burgundy will kick butt right to the White House,,,I hope.

      Have a great day.

      Delete
  5. Not to fear; Spaceman and I killed the dead man with a .50 cal to the back of the neck. Ron has already one in places where America and Russia work together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. the donkeys are first to be slaughtered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out my own script at http://jlbond007.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agent 54- First of all, congrats on your Liebster nomination. Secondly, I can tell you really love comedy because you have Groucho's speech down pat. Thanks for making me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Groucho was fun to write.

      Thank you for all your support and comments.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the much needed laugh. Love Groucho. Burgundy not so much. Hope to see you again next week at The Classic Movie Marathon Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete