Sunday, May 24, 2015

Yabba Dabba Do!

  Agent 54 here again.  You probably figured that the NSA has most bars and taverns bugged and we do.  We watched and listened in on Archie Bunker's Place, a neighborhood tavern in Astoria, Queens NY and found some interesting business was occurring between T.V. Stars Fred Flintstone and Ed Norton from the old Honeymooners show that ran in the 1950s.  Check it out:

Ed Norton:  Hey, there he is, Fred Flintstone in the flesh. It’s a great honor to meet up wit you.

Fred Flintstone:  Ed Norton you’re just the man I want to see.  Sit down, sit down.  Can I buy ya a beer?  Hey bartender, two Rolling Rocks on the double.

Ed:  Why thank ya there Freddy boy.  So, what’s the occasion?

Fred:  Well, ya probably heard that Barney and me, well, we’re on the outs.

Ed:  Naw!

Fred Flintstone
Fred:  Yup, it’s true, Barney wants to be on his own, the big star, the top banana, the cream del a crop…

Ed:  The cat’s meow.

Fred:  Exactly, he says I’m holding him down.

Ed:  Gee, that’s too bad Fred, good second fiddles don’t grow on no trees ya know.

Fred:  That’s why I wanted to talk to you.  You did such a great job as Ralph’s sidekick.  Why, it seemed like just a natural fit.  Whadda ya say?  Wanna be my second fiddle?

Ed:  Gee, I dunno there Freddy boy, I mean It’s been a long time since I done any fiddling around ya know.  Me and Ralphy boy were together a lot a years.  I gotta do some thinkin on it before I make a decision with this kind of monumentalness to it.

Alf: (from a dark corner of the bar and slurring his speech)  Don’t do it Eddd (burp) Once he’s got his hooks…..(burp)
Alf

Archie Bunker:  (bartender to Alf)   Hey why don’t you just stifle yourself over there, eh!  (to Fred and Ed)  Here’s your beers boys.  Don’t pay no nevermind to that furry drunk in the corner.  He’s just down cuz he can’t find no woik.

Fred:  Thanks Arch,  Ed you’ll love Bedrock.  I’ll get you a job in the quarry, oh you’ll love workin in the quarry.

Ed:  Yah, well coming from the NYC sewer system the quarry would be a step up.

Fred:  Hey, well go bowlin every Saturday night and you'll join the Loyal Order of Water Buffalo Lodge No. 26 and be my lodge brother, oh well have a gay ole time.

Ed:  Well, ya make it all sound rather inviting but, one thing, Betty, I mean how’s that gonna woik out.

Fred:  Don’t worry about a thing, I already talked to Betty and you’re in like Flynn. (winking)

Ed:  Ya, ya sure, wow! Boy it’ll be great to get back to woik.  I’ve been so bored I was about to go nutz.

Fred:  It will be great!  We’ll go down as one of the great comedy duets like Laurel & Hardy, Abbot and Costello….

Ed Norton
Ed: (interrupting) Nixon & Agnew

Alf:  Cagney & Lacey (burp)

Fred:  (Angrily)  Why don’t you shut up you intergalactic drunken bum!  (turning to Ed) Ed, whadda ya say?  Are we a team or are we a team?

Ed:  Whadda I say, whadda I say, I say we are a team there Freddy boy, a team from now on! (reaching out hands and shaking on it)

Fred:  YABBBA DABBBA DO!!!

Fred and Ed walked out arms around each other like two true buddies as Alf passes out on the floor.  


Wow!  We witnessed comedy history.  I can’t wait to watch the new adventures of Fred & Ed.  



14 comments:

  1. I would have loved to be in the bar to see and hear this first hand. I too can't wait to see what kind of a team they'll be.

    Have a fabulous Silly Sunday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archie Bunker's Place is a great place to hang out. Just ask Alf (when he wakes up).

      Have a Silly Memorial Day.

      Delete
  2. It would be just like Alf to bring up Cagney and Lacey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think Nixon & Agnew thought of themselves that they were a comedy team.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Ah Cagney & Lacey - loved watching that as a kid!

    Thanks so much for joining us on #FridayFrolics. Hope to see you next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them in my story.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  4. Agent 54- this was comedy gold. I wonder if anyone else knows the Honeymooners? I have to hand it to you, you have the speech patterns of these characters down pat. Thoroughly enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're too kind. Now if I could figure out how to get paid.

      Thanks for your support.

      Delete
  5. Hmmm....wondering if that bar is still around, or did it get updated like everything else? Ahhh, the good ole' days eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Archie's Place was a great bar to hang out in.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  6. this was entertaining and a good jog of the memory cells. but i'm wondering....do you work with a couple, comedy duo in their own right, named Maxwell Smart and Agent 99? they would have fit right in this bar scenario if working undercover. or did you leave them out to protect their identity? you're one smart cookie, Agent 54!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! Max is one of my bosses at the NSA under the DORD.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Glad you liked it.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete