Sunday, June 21, 2015

Burgundy Campaign in the Great North West

  Agent 54 here again.  Well, Ron Burgundy has conceded the race to President Elect Donald Trump.  It was a great race for Ron.  Let's take a look back at the fun we had on the campaign trail. 

  Today we found Ron Burgundy in Bend Oregon holding an outdoor town hall type meeting in a Home Depot parking lot near Riverbend Park.   There are a few dozen people around including the campaign volunteers who are distributing campaign materials to the voters in the crowd.   Ron is standing on a couple of wood pallets for a stage and the Campaign bus is parked behind him. We pick up Ron at the end of his opening remarks that Tim helped write.

Presidential Candidate Ron Burgundy
Ron: ….so we must secure our National borders.  Now I want to open it up to hear what you folks from Blend Oregon have to say.

The crowd:  It’s Bend!

Ron:  What’s bent?  The borders?  Yeah, some say they’re broken.

Volunteer Joe B.: whispers into Ron’s ear.

Ron:  Ah yes, I mean the beautiful town of Bend Oregon.  Let’s hear from you. Oh, I see someone has bought some fencing.  Going to secure your home’s borders, are you?

Woman with fencing in the crowd:  Yes we are and your hair is a work of art, Ron!

Ron:  Oh, well thank you darling   Anyone else got a question or statement?

A man wearing a camouflaged fishing hat, dirty wife-beater undershirt, dirty shorts and clam digger boots, pushing a brand new wheelbarrow with a new flat shovel, a bag of manganese, a bottle of Chinch bug poison and some other various lawn care products pops up in the crowd out of nowhere.

Carl Spackler:  Yeah, over heeeree!  I got something I wanna ask.

Ron:  Yes sir, you with the wheelbarrow, please tell us your name.

Carl Spackler
Carl:  It’s me, Carl Spackler over at Bushwood Country Club.  You know, assistant head greens keeper.

Ron:  Carl Spackler everyone. 

 Mild applause from the crowd.

Carl:  Yeah, I wanted to talk about how our borders get invaded from North every year and how this invasion is intruding on the freedom of freedom loving Americans everywhere.

Ron:  Uh, invasion from the North, I don’t follow you.

Carl:  Oh yeah, I’m talking about the big ones.  Yes, those big fat Canada geese fly south every year and they land on my golf course and they eat the grass and they poop all over the place until you can’t make a 3 foot putt without rolling the ball through goose poop.

Ron:  I see.  So, you want someone to stop the geese from coming here and pooping.

Carl:  That’s exactly right and I know how we can do it too.   You see we set up these electronic supersonic sound emitters all along the Northern border.  These devices make noises that only geeses can hear and it scares the crap out of the pooping gooses and they just turn and fly for home, you know, somewhere in Canada.  Problem solved.

Ron:  But, if the geese aren’t allowed to fly South as they have done naturally for millions of years, won’t they freeze and starve to death in the harsh Canadian winter? 
Queen of Canada

We don’t really want to murder millions of Canada geese, do we?

Carl:  Uh, I hadn’t thought about that.  Well, maybe the Queen of Canada can provide some goose shelters with heat for the geeses in winter.

A woman speaks up from the growing crowd.

Martha Stewart:  You know I have a lovely recipe for Glazed Christmas Goose.  I believe in America some time ago we used to eat goose often but somehow we got away from goose and turned to chicken and turkey.  I think if America could return to the good old goose eating days, that would help with the poop problem.

Ron:  Well, I doubt that Americans will actually eat enough geese to rectify this situation.

Martha:  Well, I was only trying to help and I’ll be inside the Home Depot if anyone wants some personal gardening tips from Martha Stewart.

Ron:  That’s it!

Carl:  What’s it?

Ron:  I have a brilliant idea for you.   See, you take that wheelbarrow and your shovel and you collect up all the goose poop on the greens and you fill up your dump truck with goose poop and then you take it to the area farmers and you sell it to them as fertilizer.  It’s a win-win-win situation!

Carl:  You mean, I could sell the poop?

Christmas Goose
Ron:  That’s right.  How much goose poop is on the golf course?

Carl:  Tons, I guess.

Ron:  Well, even at 10 cents a pound you could make a lot of extra cash.  And no geese get harmed in the process.

Carl:  So I could get paid for shoveling shit.  Hey!  That is a great idea.  Everyone let’s hear it for Ron Burgundy and his goose poop plan.

The crowd had grown to about 60 people by now and they applaud enthusiastically.

Carl:  (very loudly)  My man Ron Burgundy, he’s, he’s got my vote.

The applause gets louder with some hoots and whistles.

The Only Wendy Shade has been watching all this in amazement.  She approaches Ron.

Ron:  (quietly)  Wendy, what just happened?

Wendy:  (quietly)  I don’t know but, keep it up, you’re doing great!


The Burgundy Campaign is really hot now.  It’s gaining momentum like a giant ball of goose poop rolling downhill. 

Will anything slow Ron Down?

Keep looking here for your Burgundy Campaign updates right up to election day.


14 comments:

  1. The goose poop plan. So simple yet so brilliant. I'm voting for Ron too. It's because of his hair though.

    Have a fabulous Silly Sunday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair is as good a reason as any in PC America. Maybe Burgundy & Trump will hook up. "We Shall Overcomb".

      Have a Silly Sunday

      Delete
  2. LOL had me lmao and also at that name Carl Spackler, love the comparison to a giant ball of goose poop LOL

    Have a campaigntastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Ron Burgundy is killing two birds with one stone. Wait! No birds were harmed in the writing of this story.

      Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. Heeheehee! Yep, he can think on the fly, that's the kind of candidate we need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do not kill birds with stones.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. He makes more sense than any of the real politicians. :) Thanks for sharing our post on #FridayFrivolity. I hope you will party with us again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for allowing me to share the Ron Burgundy campaign.

      Delete
    2. Just wanted to let you know, I chose you as my feature post this week.

      Delete
  5. Hi Agent 54,
    It was great to see you at my site today.
    I loved the Anchorman movies. The leads are so funny.
    Thanks for bringing your post to the Blogger's Pit Stop last week.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally a choice that I could proudly vote for. :) Thanks for sharing at the #ThisIsHowWeRoll Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron thanks you for your support and I thank you for playing again.

      Delete