Saturday, November 14, 2015

Abandoned in Oatman Arizona


  I recently visited Oatman Arizona which is an old Gold Mining town that was booming in the beginning of the last century.  I found many old, rusty vehicles, machines and other items that were abandoned in time.



  How many meals were served from this old chuck wagon?



Locals have been using this old rain water tank for target practice.



This rusty old building on wheels was probably brought in by rail to be some kind of office in the old mining town. 


I took this picture of this old mine abandoned mine shaft with my flash. Notice the many "orbs".  Are they ghosts of miners past or is it just a dirty lens.  You decide.


Wild Donkeys roam the streets of Oatman. This one posed for me across from Outlaw Willie's.



The old water tower points you toward more rusty treasures.

My wife and I really enjoy visiting some of the old towns and Native American settlements of the Southwest.  I hope you enjoy our pictures. 

24 comments:

  1. Oh I love these kinds of outings. We've visit Aurora and Bodie. We love all things old. How fun.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Carol and I had a great time in Oatman. Maybe I'll post pictures of the wild donkeys that roam the streets.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures! I too love visiting historic places and experiencing the ways of people in the bygone era. Keep exploring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a great time. I love exploring Arizona.

      Delete
  4. That would have been so interesting ghosts and all.

    Kathleen
    Bloggers Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun trip.

      Thank you for playing.

      Delete
  5. Omg I love the picture of the donkey! Haha what a fun trip! Thank you again for joining #FlyAwayFriday! We are so excited to have you and look forward to following your adventures. Chloe www.timetravelblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is REALLY cool! I definitely was looking for shadows of ghosts in that photo of the cave :) Thanks so much for joining us with #FlyAwayFriday - hope to see you next week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos! I find these places quite fascinating. It hasn't been turned into a tourist attraction has it? I visited Calico years ago and whilst it was good it was a bit too touristy. Thanks for linking up with #FridayFrivolity

    (P.S. Definitely ghosts)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them.

      Please come back early and often.

      Delete
  8. I love old historic things. Thanks for linking up for Wordless Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arizona is a great state for history.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
    2. I was wondering if there is still ghost towns in Airzona because I sure would like to know very much, from Wendy Sells

      Delete
    3. Yes, there are many places where you can visit old mining towns in Arizona that now survive on tourism.

      Come visit us.

      Delete
  9. Very cool. Love these shots!
    Thanks so much for joining the weekly photo party at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/11/haifa-israel.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oatman is such a cool place! We only stayed there for about three hours but I wish I was able to spend more time there. Can't wait to discover more of the area. #WordlessWednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we stayed for breakfast and to see the show.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  11. Looks like a must visit kind of place. #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so fascinating to see how people used to live. I love the picture of the old Diner.. wow! and yes, I might have seen a ghost in that picture of the underground mine :) wink wink. #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fascinated by the rust treasures I found there. The Donkeys are funny too.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete