Saturday, November 28, 2015

Reno-Lake Tahoe

  The last time a took a real vacation , Carol and I spent 3 days in Reno Nevada before moving on to Lake Tahoe.  These are some of the pictures I took there.


Though it was “off season” the mountains were still snow covered in early May.  The water was clear and the reflections of the snow covered mountains on the lake were beautiful. 


In Reno, we visited the National Automobile Museum.  Spectacular!


We took a Ferry Boat ride on the Tahoe Queen.  It was our 20th wedding anniversary and my 51st birthday.


The Blueness of the water and sky when out in the deep water is amazing.


I met this guy on the dusty trail between Reno and Tahoe.  He's still trying to strike it rich. 


Spectacular scenery is around every corner at Lake Tahoe. 


The Mountains in the background make the scenery around this small lake in Reno spectacular.  The ducks make it fun. 



Wouldn't you like to live on this hill overlooking Lake Tahoe?



20 comments:

  1. I've been to many of these places many times. It's a great place to vacation. Love the beauty of the Sierras.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see it in the Summer time.

      Happy Holidays.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, it was my last great vacation.

      Delete
  3. wowee- thanks for the Lake Tahoe visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting me blog.

      Please come back early and often.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, it was amazing.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  5. Great shots. The lake is gorgeous, but it looks so cold - I bet the snow melt keeps it chilly most of the year!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/10/springtime-memories.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was a fun vacation. We were there the first week in May. It snowed a little while we were there.

      Delete
  6. Your photos make me homesick for Lake Tahoe. I spent many months there in my house at the top of Kingsbury grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a cool place to live.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  7. I've only been to Tahoe once, in winter, and really loved it. But I would like to experience it in the other seasons too. With less snow and less treacherous driving. Nice photos! #wkendtravelinspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went in early May. I would love to go back in the summertime.

      Thanks for looking and commenting.

      Delete
  8. Looks so pretty there! My husband went skiing in Lake Tahoe one year and promised to take me back to see it.... we have yet to make it there but it's on our list. Thanks for sharing with us at Together on Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures! I think it would be a lovely place to visit. Thanks for sharing at Together on Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, these pictures soothe the soul! I have never been to Lake Tahoe, but one of my favorite destinations has been the Grand Tetons. These pictures remind me a bit of being out there. Bet you had a ball! (visiting from Traffic Jam Weekend)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great vacation. I actually started my comedy career by going up on stage for the first time on that trip.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete