Friday, December 25, 2015

Treasure Hunting


  For Christmas 2007, my wife gave me a Bounty Hunter, Fortune Hunter model metal detector and I’ve been hooked on Treasure Hunting ever since.  Today she gave me a Bounty Hunter, Elite 2200 model to replace the old metal detector that I had joyfully worn out over 8 seasons of Treasure Hunting.  Thank you, Dear.

  I have made a real science out of Treasure Hunting.  I have created Word files for each year or season and have documented the dollar amounts and the unusual treasures I have found.  I include treasure I find without the detector and things I find just by observing while using the detector.  I also include dollar amounts for treasure items I have sold to friends or the local Jewelry makers who buy some of my silver & gold.  To date I have found $2766.47 in 8 seasons.  Not bad, eh!
Bounty Hunter, Elite 2200

  The beautiful thing is that I get to spend time outside in beautiful settings looking for treasure.  I get my exercise and fresh air while enjoying the thrill of the hunt.  I’ll probably never get rich using my Bounty Hunter, Elite 2200 but, I get lots of “me time”.  I like to write funny stories for my Agent 54 blog.  Often story ideas and jokes come to me when I’m in the field doing my treasure hunting thing.

  I enjoy cleaning and sorting my treasure when I come home too.  I often find foreign coins that I look up on the internet.  It’s fascinating to learn about different cultures this way.  I keep the foreign coins and other treasure items in different cigar boxes around my treasure (formerly office) room.  I have a necklace and ring rack and many small jewelry boxes for post earrings.  It gives me great satisfaction to look around my treasure room and see all this and 4 jars for American coins and Tokens, “No Cash Value”. 
Necklace Tree

  I’m looking forward to many more years of Treasure Hunting with my new toy.  I’m sure I’ll have more great pictures to show you in the coming seasons. 

Wish me luck!
 






More Treasure Pictures





  My “Wheaties” are in the box on the right.  More “Wheaties” in blue collector’s pads.  Foreign and special coins are in center cigar box with Canadian coins in far right box.  I found all these coins.  I never buy coins.

A good day of  "Coin Shooting". 
Toy Cars and Keys















I dug up this Golden State Mint "Copper Round" today (2/13/16).

It's not legal tender or very valuable but, it is very cool.


8 comments:

  1. Amazing! I am fascinated by your finds.
    +1d on Google

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I find other things like Marbles.

      Please come back and read some of the funny things I write.

      Delete
  2. How fun. I may be asking for a metal detector for my birthday. Thanks for dropping by the #ThisIsHowWeRoll Link Party at Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Please visit my blog early and often. Maybe I can make you laugh.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I can see how you'd get hooked on this hobby! Thanks for linking up with #NaturallyCrafty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to find people who can appreciate my treasure.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Tim! You could have a swap meet biz on the side with that loot. My uncle used to do that on the beach in Bethany, DE. He used to find wedding rings, coins, etc. Being an antique expert, he could sometimes make a dollar or two on his finds. Hope you do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've found a lot of stuff over the 9 years I've been doing this. It's not really all that valuable except to me. I think it looks cool in the cigar box.

      Delete