Saturday, February 20, 2016

Brotherly Love


Ronald
  Agent 54 here again.  I got to listen in on a phone call between two famous brothers.  The big brother Ronald, is a highly successful entrepreneur in the restaurant industry.  The little brother Norm, is an actor – comedian.  Here’s my report on what the McDonald brothers were talking about.  

Norm:  Yello!,  Norm here.

Ronald:  Hey little brother.  How are you?

Norm:  Hey Ron, I’m good.  What’s up?

Ronald:  Well, I’ve seen your TV adds where you dress up as Colonel Sanders for KFC.  I still can’t get my red head around the fact that you’re working to promote one of my biggest competitors.  I mean, really?

Norm:  Hey, it’s work.  You know I was having a hard time getting gigs in this country.  What the heck!  You can’t blame me for wanting to make a buck, for cripes sake.

Norm
Ronald:  Oh, com’on  little bro.  I mean, you know I offered you The Hamburgler role.  We could have been working together.

Norm:  The Hamburgler!  Are you serious?  I’m 6’1” tall, for cryin out loud.  I can’t play a mumbling midget criminal in a mask!  I mean that would have been the final nail in the coffin of my career, for freakin sure.

Ronald:  Don’t call him a midget.  The Hamburgler is a little person.

Norm:  Whatever!  I mean, If I played him we both could end up waiting tables and sleepin on the beach in Costa Rica.

Ronald:  Oh com’on.  You’re exaggerating and besides, there’s nothing wrong with waiting tables.  Customer service is a noble endeavor.

Col. Sanders
Norm:  Who are you to judge me anyway?  I mean, you sit there in your McMansion eating French fries all day long and you never gain any weight.  How the heck is that even possible, for the love of secret sauce?

Ronald:  Hey, I work out!

Norm:  Listen Ronny, the folks at KFC pay me good and they think I’m funny so get off my back.  I mean, you had your chance to throw me a bone or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and you blew it. 

Ronald:  But, what will Mom think?  Two brothers working directly against each other.  It’s just not right.

Norm:  Mom will be proud when she sees my paycheck.  Besides, you’re doing great without me.  You don’t need me.  What’s this really all about?


Ronald:  Don’t you know?  It’s all about family.  You’re my little brother.  I miss you and I care about you.  Listen, let’s get together this weekend and do lunch at Mom’s house.  She misses you too.

Norm:  Uh, yeah, I guess.  Yeah, I’ll come.  Should I bring a something to eat?  Extra Crispy?

Ronald:  (sarcastically) Yeah, Ha ha.  You always thought you were the funny one.



Well, I hope these two can patch things up for the family’s sake.

Call your Mom.



12 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahahahahaha. I had no idea that guy that did the KFC commercials was so young. Irritating commercials too.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norm tries hard. Maybe I should be writing his jokes.

      Have a fabulous week.

      Delete
  2. Heeheehee! My kids work at competing eateries, but they don't take it personally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they can't take it personal. It's just business.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  3. LOL I Mclaughed all the way through that, this description cracked me up Customer service is a noble endeavor.

    Have a hamburglertastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why but, when I re-read it, I get hungry.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  4. LOL all sorts of awesomeness right there agent 54. You must do a Sunday lunch version of this with the whole family *ahem* I mean listen in of course. Thanks for sharing at #sharethejoy (Michelle at The Joy Chaser and The Essex Barn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea.

      I live to make people laugh. Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  5. KFC dumped another SNL alum, Darrell Hammond for Norm & then Jim Gaffigan & now Rob Riggle. I didn't know the Colonel had a sense of humor. Personally, Norm should jump on the McD wagon. Funny post, Agent 54!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the brothers should be working together.

      Thank you for playing and Happy New Year!

      Delete