Saturday, August 20, 2016

Groundhog Day and the Department of Redundancy Department

Caddyshack
  Agent 54 here again.  There have been rumors going around the DORD that there could be budget cuts coming.  At the same time the very symbol of the DORD, the noble Groundhog, is facing the threat of extinction on golf courses everywhere.  This is doubly disturbing for me because less funding and the loss of the Groundhog mean less laughter and that makes the world a less funny place and nobody needs that right now or ever.   
 
Groundhog Day
Just like how Bill Murray’s comedy career needed two movies co-starring the lovable rodent, the world needs to double down on the humor my NSA under the DORD and Groundhogs provide.  Who else will “dig up the dirt” on the Ron Burgundy Campaign for President?  What else would truck drivers order at diners other than “Groundhog Parmigiana” in an attempt to make waitresses laugh?

  I understand that some people have a problem with my NSA spying on innocent American citizens whether they’re living or dead or fictional.  I know golfers get angry when their balls go down a Groundhog hole or they break and ankle stepping in one.  I believe that is a small price to pay for the hilarious humor we provide.  Just think of the joy the millions of readers of this blog get on a daily basis.  I know some of you are in stitches right now.  You’re welcome.

  Some people think the DORD is a waste of taxpayer dollars.  I know many just think of Groundhogs as roadkill cuisine.  I challenge you people to open your minds to giving the humor of the NSA and Groundhogs the respect that Agent 54 and Bill Murray deserve.

  So, for the sake of worldwide levity, I’m calling on you for action now.  I want you to support Politicians around the globe who promise to double the funding for the NSA under the DORD and create a second Groundhog Day on August 2nd annually to honor Spies and Groundhogs for humor’s sake.  

Let’s put a smile on the faces of Spies and Groundhogs everywhere.

Great Northwest

38 comments:

  1. I'm not a golfer so I'm all for groundhogs. Leave them be. I love Bill too.

    Have a fabulous Silly Sunday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Just drove by Bill and brother Bryan Doyle's Caddyshack Golf emporium yesterday enroute home from Florida back to Ontario. I'm a huge Murray brother's fan, not a golfer, but have to stop in there one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember John Murray's Moving Violations movie with Jennifer Tilly? I really enjoyed that one.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Sandee leave them be

    Thanks for scurrying by have a Mctastic day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must preserve the Groundhog and the DORD for future generations.

      Thanks for joining the cause.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The Groundhogs and the DORD thank you for your support.

      Delete
  5. I say let the groundhogs have their fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and Groundhogs are tons of fun.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  6. Groudhogs are adorable. Thanks for linking up for Wordless Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasty too! Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  7. All for more humor in this world! Thanks for sharing the laughs at Together on Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need a Bill Murray fix now. Thanks for linking up to #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Murray is the best.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  9. Great post - I love Bill Murray and have a strange craving to watch Groundhog Day haha #weekendblogshare

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Groundhog Day is a great movie and I've actually been to Punxsutawney PA.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  10. I am all for worldwide levity. We are in desparate need of this. Carry on Agent 54.
    Roger that? lisapomerantzster.com #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger wilco and out.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  11. Let the groundhogs live! I loved Groundhog Day! Great film. #FridayFrolics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Groundhogs and Bill Murray are the best!

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  12. Fun read. Thanks for sharing your link with us at Creatively Crafty #CCBG http://tryit-likeit.com/link-it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  13. I'm afraid I have no idea what DORD is or a Groundhog! I've heard of them but imagined there would be lots of them! Thanks for joining the #weekendblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting the DORD (Department of Redundancy Department).

      Delete
  14. Hi Agent 54,
    Cool! You are on my comment schedule again. I love the levity your posts bring. I loved Groundhog Day!!
    Thanks for bringing your post to Blogger's Pit Stop last week.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comments and support.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  15. I can't even really explain why groundhogs are funny, but they definitely are!

    Thanks so much for joining us on #FridayFrolics. Hope to see you next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes humor needs no explanation.

      Thanks for laughing.

      Delete
  16. Good to have a fun read:)

    Mainy

    #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
  17. We don't have groundhogs here (uh, that I know of!) so I say keep them so we can enjoy from afar! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. Glad you like Groundhogs and humor.

      Delete
  18. Bill is always my favorite too.Thanks fo joining The Bloggers Pit Stop
    Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy the comedy of Bill Murray.

      Thank you for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  19. Bill Murray is a genius and Groundhog Day is a great movie! So great to see you back at #sharethejoy

    ReplyDelete