Sunday, September 18, 2016

Burgundy Campaign in New Mexico

  Agent 54 here again.  Well, Ron Burgundy has conceded the race to President Elect Donald Trump.  It was a great race for Ron.  Let's take a look back at the fun we had on the campaign trail. 

  It’s been a while since we had an update from Blitzed Wolfer on the Burgundy Campaign.  Many voters seemed to have gotten the impression that Ron had dropped out of the race.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Check out this interview with Ron from New Mexico.

Blitzed Wolfer:  Hello everyone this is Blitzed Wolfer with CAN on the campaign trail with Presidential candidate Ron Burgundy.  We’re standing in front of a medical facility in Albuquerque, New Mexico with Ron and his Physician, Dr. Vinnie Boombatz. 

Blitzed:  (to Ron Burgundy)  Ron, you have an announcement for us?

Ron Burgundy:  Yes, may I introduce Dr. Vinnie Boombatz.

Dr. Vinnie:  Hello Blitzed.  I’m here to certify that after rigorous examinations by the medical staff here at the Albuquerque Indian Health Center, we can pronounce that candidate Burgundy is healthy as a horse and his hair is a work of art. 

Blitzed:  That’s great news. 

Ron:  Thank you Dr. Vinnie.  You can go back to the golf course now.

Dr. Vinnie Boombatz
Blitzed:  (to Ron)  That’s terrific but, tell me Ron, what about your evaporating poll numbers?  You are down to 0.0004% in the latest Hecht-Cantilever poll.

Ron:  Well, a lot of things evaporate here in the dessert.  We still have time and though I may not have a lot of support, it’s the quality of my support that counts.

Blitzed:  Uh, okay.  So, most of American voters seem to be supporting other candidates.  What do you think of your opponents supporters?

Ron:  Well, while they’re as wrong as wrong can be to support somebody else, I still find them to be “adorable”.

Blitzed:  That’s nice.  So, what’s next for your campaign? 

Ron:  The campaign is going to Reno Nevada to get ready for the first Presidential Debate in Lake Tahoe on September 26th.  I think we’ll do quite well there.  You’ll see.

Blitzed:  Uh, Ron, the first Presidential Debate is in New York at Hofstra University on the 26th.

Ron:  What?  Wait! Wadda ya mean?  (calling out to Campaign Manager, The Only Wendy Shade)  Wendy!  What’s he talking about?

Wendy walks up to Ron and Blitzed.

Wendy:  (sadly) Uh, I’m sorry Ron but, we still haven’t received a reply to our appeal from the debate committee.  I didn’t know how to tell you this but, we’re not invited to the big debate.

Ron:  What!?! But, I’m the best looking candidate in the race!  How can this stand?  Nevermind, I’ll hold my own debate in or at Lake Tahoe.  You’ll be there to cover it, right Blitzed?

Blitzed:  Uh, actually I have tickets to go cover the big debate.

Ron:  Fine!  Then I’ll just have my Channel 4 News Team cover my debate!  In fact, I’ll debate my Channel 4 News Team.  Yeah, yeah, I’ll debate Brick Tamland, Brian Fantana and Champ Kind and it’ll be great!  Big debate, big deshcmate!  Who needs New York City anyway!


Blitzed:  Uh,

Ron:  (angrily interrupting)  I think that’s a wrap, Blitzed!!!

Blitzed:  Yeah, Uh, that’s, that’s all the time we have for today.  I’m Blitzed Wolfer on the campaign trail for the Cable Ass Network.  Thanks for watching.


Wow!  Personally, I can’t wait to watch Ron Burgundy debate the Channel 4 News Team.  Mark your calendars, America.

42 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'll be they are very entertaining.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  2. I'll be ready to watch that debate. Any debate for that matter.

    Have a fabulous Silly Sunday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be thrilling.


      Thanks for visiting and allowing me to share on Silly Sunday. Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. LOL unfortunately I won't be able to watch the debate from here in London although we do have a Channel 4 heheh!

    This is Clem Fandango signing off :-)

    PS: I added your link ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and thank you for helping me share.

      Delete
  4. Heeheehee! His will probably be more interesting than any other debate held this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to watch it.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lake Tahoe is a great place for a debate.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  6. Fun premise! Thanks for popping by my blog today, Timothy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No more ridiculous than Trump being elected! Thanks for linking up to #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ron is still the best looking candidate in the race.

      Delete
  8. Haha, I love Ron and like other people have said we do have a Channel 4 in England. Thanks for linking up to #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron is glad to have your support.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  9. Agent 67 & 1/2 here again. This has nothing to do with your post but I'm afraid I have been burned. I need to get in contact with my handlers but one of them refuses to answer the phone and the other's phone number changed. Any chance you could help me contact them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In any case, if you're really NSA, could you make contact with the Time Agency and tell them I still haven't gotten my chip? They'll know what I'm talking about. Government these days, so inefficient!

      Delete
    2. I'm with the Nominal Secrets Apparatus (NSA) under the Department of Redundancy Department (DORD).

      The only chips we have are Doritos.

      Delete
    3. Oh I always thought that NSA stood for National Spying Agency. And I heard a rumor that there's a DORD that stands for Department of Research and Defense. Ever heard of it?

      And they better be cool ranch or it's blasphemy! xD

      Delete
  10. Great post as usual Thanks for linking to the #binkylinky come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to share with you and your fans.

      Look forward to sharing next week.

      Delete
  11. It's a shame that Ron can't actually be elected. That would be amusing! Thank you for joining the #weekendblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't count Ron out just because he's a fictional character.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
    2. Wait a minute... Ron is the fictional character??? Doesn't he have a mustache?? This is interesting information I'll have to reread the post about him with him/her as the fictional character!

      The question is... Who created Ron? Aliens?

      Delete
    3. Who really knows who the creator is.

      Ron has the best mustache of any fictional character except Yosemite Sam.

      Delete
    4. Does the walking dead man have a mustache?

      Delete
    5. That is difficult to say,,,for a Zombie.

      Delete
    6. Say that you took the DNA of a dead man, and cloned him. Would that make the clone a zombie? :o

      Delete
    7. What if it was a dead clown? Could you get a Zombie clown clone? I dunno.

      Delete
    8. Oh that's brilliant! You should write a post about an army of zombie clown clones named Lester 1, Lester 2, Lester 3, etc.

      Delete
  12. Ahahaha too funny! Thanks for sharing the laughs at #FridayFrivolity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to make you laugh.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  13. Haha this is so entertaining!! Thank you for sharing on FlyAwayFriday and can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you're too kind.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd like to offer an opinion: I think that the zombie has a lot better hair than Ron. You'd think that Ron's creators could have made him better-looking hahaha.

    Speaking of which, have you made any progress on getting the word out about just how fictional Ron is? It would be a day-making revelation for sci-fi fans all over the world!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching the Presidential race this year it has become clear that "fictional" is relative.

      Delete
    2. Indeed. Both zombies and robots running for president sounds like something from the fiction shelf in the library. I should totally write a book about it! :)

      Delete
  16. I have a question about Ron and the zombie: are they getting enough sleep? Because if they aren't I heard that Google does a pretty good job of setting the president's sleep schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron sleeps like a baby, a baby with great hair.

      Delete