Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Changing Seasons

  Agent 54 here again.   It’s that time of year when the leaves on the trees are turning different colors, the kids are going back to school and the Baseball season is ending while Football season is just beginning.  For some people, the changing of the seasons can be a stressful time of year.  I got to listen in on a phone conversation between professional athlete Tim Tebow and hunter Elmer Fudd.  Can Elmer help Tebow adjust to The Changing Seasons?  Let’s find out.

Elmer Fudd:   Uh, hewoew, Elmer Fudd speaking.


Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow:  Hey Elmer, this is Tim Tebow.  How are you?

Elmer:  I know you! Huhuhuhuh.  You’re the Qwattaback that won the Heisman Twophy in 2007.  Oh boy!  Did you call because you want to go wabbit hunting with me?

Tebow:  Yeah, that’s me.  Uh, no, no wabbitt,,,no rabbit hunting for me, thanks. Well, the truth is that I’m trying to play professional baseball for the Mets now but, I’m having trouble transitioning from one sports season to another. 
Elmer Fudd

Elmer:  Twouble Twansitioning?

Tebow:  Uh huh.  I’m used to running plays and throwing passes this time of year, not swinging at fastballs.  You always seemed to be able to make the change from rabbit season to duck season and back and forth in a flash.  How do you do it?

Elmer:  Scotch!  Pwefwerabwe Dewars Scotch.

Tebow:  No!  That can’t be true.  How do you shoot when you’re loaded?

Elmer:  Oh, uh, well the Scotch doesn’t weally help me shoot stwaight.  The Scotch helps me deal with Bugs.  Huhhuhuhuh.  That scwewy wabbit will dwive you cwazy without a couple of dwinks.

Tebow:  Wow! I can imagine. Well, Scotch won’t help me hit a curveball.  I guess I’ll have to try to ask somebody else.

Elmer:  You could twy Orson Welles.  He was in the movie A Man foew All Seasons.

Tebow:  Yeah, yeah I’ll give him a call.  Thanks Elmer.

Elmer:  Before you go I want to ask you a qwestion.

Tebow:  Shoot!  Uh, I mean go ahead.  Please don’t shoot any wabbits,,,uh rabbits right now.
Bugs Bunny

Elmer:  Tim, you pwayed for Fwowida, the Bwoncos and now the Mets.  Those teams wear the same colors.  What’s with you and Owange and Bwue?

Tebow:  I don’t know, just lucky I guess.  Well, thanks anyway, see ya later.

Elmer:  Say Tim, feel fwee to call me duwing wabbit season,  We can go bag a few wascally wabbits.  Huhuhuhuhuh.

Tebow:  Uh, sorry but no thanks.  I don’t shoot living things.  Bye now.

Elmer:  Okay, good bye.


So, as summer fades and the temperatures begin to moderate, only one question remains:  Is it wabbit season or duck season?



42 comments:

  1. those wabbits will cause you to dwink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for the scotchs, Bugs or not. Bwahahahahahaha.

    Have a fabulous Silly Sunday Timothy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a drink on me and thank you for reading and commenting on my silliness.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for participating in the FFfAW challenge. I hope next time you will stay within the 75-175 word limit. Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry. I don't know if I can do that.

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  4. I was twying hard not to laugh through that if I was dwinking scotch I would have choked.

    Have a weally good week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful. Don't fall victim of a wascally wabbit.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  5. A little tipple to help the seasons along, I could get into that! #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep it a secret between us.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  6. Lol, this made me giggle! Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you giggled.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure why, but reading this made me think of Space Jam....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could there be a Space Jam IIV in the works?

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  8. Hahaha! so funny, made my day... #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live to make people laugh.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  9. hahah wabbits. this was such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed it.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read you loud and clear and I have a plan.

      Thanks for the information.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Please come back early and often.

      Delete
  12. Your awesome this put a big smile on my face!!! I would like to invite you to share this at our party!! https://www.floydfamilyhomestead.com/2016/09/14/the-homesteader-hop-20/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to make you smile.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  13. I think its both wabbit and duck season as the rains come the ducks will be dancing in the rain and the wabbits will be chasing ducks how about that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good to me.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  14. Very good - thanks for linking to #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and allowing me to share.

      Delete
  15. LOL - hilarious! I totally "heard" Elmer Fudd through all of that.

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    Wishing you a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  16. Hahaha - orange & blue, you're so right! Thanks for sharing this at #FridayFrivolity this week, Timothy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and allowing me to share.

      Delete
  17. As soon as I started to read Elmers comments, I immediately heard the voice in my head. Thanks for joining the #weekendblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed Elmer.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  18. As an avid fan of Duck Dodgers, it's duck season!

    Thanks for sharing the chuckle on #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, my husband's hobby is Scotch, so this was fun! Thanks for joining us at #FridayFrivolity this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please ask him to be careful because Scotch doesn't help him shoot straight.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete