Sunday, October 9, 2016

Clowning Around


Agent 54 here again.  My best friend, Howard tells this worn out old joke that goes:  If attacked by a group of clowns, go for the Jugular,  Yeah, I apologize. 

  Not everyone likes clowns but the one good thing you can say about all clowns is that they are not mimes.  There are good clowns and there are bad clowns. Unfortunately, bad clowns have recently become topical.  However, to lighten the situation, I’ve decided to rate my all-time favorite clowns,  See if you agree with my choices.

1.      Ronald McDonald :   Probably the best known clown, worldwide and generation to generation.  Everyone knows Ronald and associates him with eating delicious and nearly poisonous food.  Ron is rich enough to have me killed for saying what I just said.  Update 10/12/16:  Due to the current "Bad Clown" public relations situation, Ronald McDonald has agreed not to have me killed for this post.  Praise be to Odin. 

Freddie the Freeloader
2.     Bozo:   I don’t really understand why but, as a kid I used to love to watch Bozo the Clown on early morning TV.  I don’t remember him being funny, except for his huge red hairdo but, I couldn’t wait to see him.  Later people used his name to describe people who were screw-ups.  I don’t remember Bozo screwing anything up but, he must have been the king.

3.     Jack in the Box or just Jack:  Another restaurateur, I like Jack’s TV commercials.  They’re almost funny enough to forgive him for the horrible Tacos his restaurants sell.  ALMOST!

4.     Freddie the Freeloader:   Freddie was a character played by great, old-time comedian Red Skelton who seemed like a one- time high society type who was just a bit down on his luck.  Freddie was charming and everyone liked him but that same cigar he smoked for 40+ years stunk.

5.     The Joker:  The joker was my favorite bad and scary clown until he let me drop on my head during a Team Building exercise at my NSA under the DORD.  Never trust anyone with a 40 year criminal record.

Lying Brian Williams
6.     Brian Williams:   Williams was a newscaster on a large TV Network who always thought way too much of himself.  Brian would twist and fabricate stories and then feed them to the public as the truth.  Once the public caught on to Brian Williams and realized that he was so full of bullshit he could fertilize all the farms in all 57 states, his name became synonymous with lies and deception.  Appropriately, Williams wound up doing comedy at MSNBC where he still spreads the bull like it’s going out of style.


  So, that’s my list.  Are some of your favorites on there too.  Let me know who’s on your list of favorite clowns and remember to always leave’em laughing.
  

42 comments:

  1. I loved Freddie the Freeloader. That's my favorite one.

    I linked you to Silly Sunday.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Skelton was the best.

      Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Mee tooo, especially served with beans and guacamole.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  3. I love your post and it's support of clowns, but I apologise unreservedly, as I still find all clowns creepy. Oh apart from Mr. Tumble from CBBC's Something Special. I can just about stand him. #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for participating.

      Please come back early and often.

      Delete
  4. Captain Spaulding is my favorite clown. He's a bad clown... Almost as bad as Brian Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never really thought about liking or not liking clowns,and think I'm impartial really. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Timothy - I have awarded you for a liebster award :)

    see my posts for details :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much. You're too kind.

      Delete
  7. I hate clowns, I'm in the middle of writing a post about their current resurgence and it's turning my stomach doing it. Ronald McDonald is probably the most evil one, slowly poisoning half the world turning them into obese diabetics that he can control

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least clowns ain't mimes.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  8. I just heard on the radio that McDonalds is cancelling Ronald's public appearances until this clown situation is under control. You can't make this stuff up #waywow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I make stuff up and I couldn't even make this stuff up.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  9. Ha! Thanks for the laughs, Timothy. Brian Williams! LOL Always appreciate your posts on Traffic Jam Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are too kind.

      Thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  10. Great post! I loved Red Skelton as a kid, and I found it interesting that he had a child that was ill that he tried to cheer up with his amusing antics. Then there was a song - "send in the clowns".....Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  11. My eldest came home the other day talking about killer clowns, it's so sad when they're supposed to bring joy! Great post, thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Please come back early and often.

      Delete
  12. Urgh! I hate clowns. There is something just so creepy about them...x #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least they're not mimes.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  13. I can't say I'm a fan of any clowns - definitely something sinister about them. Not a fan of this whole scary clown craze at all! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you for reading.

      Please visit early and often.

      Delete
  14. What a shame that the silly clowns are spoiling it for all the good clowns.
    Kathleen
    Bloggers Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always that 10% that ruins it for everyone.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  15. Lest we forget 'Eric' the clown, from the Seinfeld episode, he put out a kitchen fire with his big shoe. George Costanza couldn't believe 'Eric' had never heard of Bozo the clown. Classic. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many clowns, so many red noses.

      Thanks for adding another to our compilation.

      Delete
  16. Agent 54- So many clowns to cover, so little time! Just turn on any reality show & you will see one. Great list, btw. I like the inclusion of Mr. Skelton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all have our favorite clowns. I could have mentioned Rodney Dangerfield too.

      Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  17. Clowns are neither good or bad for me. Until recently. This clown madness has even reached the Midwest. Our highschool has been on lockdown a few times because of clowns. ARG! People are twisted. Let's go back to a simpler time, when clowns were entertainment. Please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's go back to a simpler time.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  18. I am always a bit wary of clowns, they always want to jump out at people and I scream a lot!!! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We, at least they are not mimes.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  19. Crusty. My fave. Got to love the Simpsons.#momdaymorningblogclub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for contributing.

      Please come back early and often.

      Delete
  20. Rigoletto! No, wait, Nasreddin!

    https://quidproquoreviews.blogspot.com/2015/10/n-is-for-nasreddin-of-course.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clowsn have never really bothered me until reading this post and recent events in the news lol!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete