Saturday, February 18, 2017

MRI, Who Dunnit?

 

Agent 54 here again.  As a former Marine and Ice Hockey Player, I’d like to make up a great story of courage, heroism and bravery about how I hurt my left knee.  Truth is that years after giving up Hockey and leaving the USMC, I hurt my knee moving a couch in my own living room.  Yeah, I know, LAME.

  I missed going hiking like a Viking so, after about 8 to 10 years I finally took my knee to the doctor and we set up an appointment for an MRI.  A couple of days later the doctor’s office contacted me to reschedule the appointment.  They said the MRI machine needed maintenance. 

This started the wheels in my mind spinning.

My first question was “Who broke the MRI?”  The questions would only multiply.

Did they try to scan The Invisible Man?

Was it Herman Munster with his unique physique?

What would an MRI reveal about Evil Knievel?

Did the machine overheat from a Trump tweet?

How will the cost of Obamacare affect the repair? 

How did they know it was broke, did it start to smoke?

Would they call Roto Rooter to fix the MRI’s computer?

If they used the MRI on a clown, could that cause it go down?

Was fixing the machine my mission, after all I am a technician?

Did the MRI’s signals get crossed, causing the images to be lost?

Was the operator smart and remember to push the button labeled START?

Trouble shooting a machine, when you begin, remember to ask:  Is it plugged in?

That MRI should run like the Energizer Bunny.  Did they think rescheduling was funny?
 
I know these are some of the same questions all of you would ask.  I have no answers at this time and I’m almost out of rhymes.  All I have is another appointment for another day and hopes that they can make the pain go away.   


Please wish me luck or with a bad knee I will be stuck.

UPDATE 2/25/17  I got the MRI done.  I think the fun has just begun. 

UPDATE 3/2/17 The news today was great.  The Doc. doesn't have to operate.
A shot of cortisone and some therapy and I can avoid surgery.
Thank you all for thinking of me and my knee recovery.

UPDATE 3/25/17 Therapy went well yesterday and the pain has all but gone away.

30 comments:

  1. They need to unplug and then plug in again, if that doesn't work, slap it with the palm pf your hand a few times then adjust the coat-hanger antennae.

    That used to work a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like an experienced, expert technician.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  2. I hate it when my knees hurt. I'm old though.

    I linked you to Silly Sunday already.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. It's raining today and the knee is stiff for me too.

      Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. You are a poet and didn't know it, but your feet show it, they are Longfellows. Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday, and thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with your MRI scan, perhaps they just need to download the newest version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it could need a software upgrade.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  5. LMAO @ the first comment

    I wonder how Herman is these days that bolt must be rusty by now, thanks for the laughs Tim and for stopping over at mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure and thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing Agent 54's post at the Blogger's Pit Stop :)
    PS Crew

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your humorous approach to this painful problem. It sucks to have a bum knee. I hope you get your MRI so they can figure out what is going on with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait to hike South Mountain again.

      Delete
  8. I work in an X Ray Dept and whenever we call for service the first question is always whether or not we tried turning the machine off and then on again. #brillblogposts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, "Is it plugged in?"

      Thank you for playing.

      Delete
  9. Good luck with your MRI! I had six MRI's last year alone, I am sick of that stupid tunnel!! #fabfridaypost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 MRIs! Wow! Hope you are not glowing green.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  10. Hi Agent 54,
    Thanks for coming to the Blogger's Pit Stop last week.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your secret spy mind is clearly working overtime! Hope your knee is better soon. #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I did get some good news today.

      Delete
  12. All the best with your knee recovery. I am glad that big machine did not mal-function again and gobble you up. Pain be gone.
    Kathleen
    Blogger's Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't know if you read the update but, it looks like I can avoid surgery. So happy about that.

      Delete
  13. good luck with your MRI. Thanks for Joining The Bloggers Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's to knees that don't bring you to tears! Thanks for sharing at Creatively Crafty #ccbg :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My knee is getting better but, now I have the flu.

      Thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  15. Hilarious. Love this one

    ReplyDelete