Saturday, September 9, 2017

Meteor Crater and Winslow Arizona

  Meteor Crater and Winslow Arizona

 Back in 2010 I took a trip to Northern Arizona to see Meteor Crater, The Rock Art Ranch and Winslow Arizona.  I think I took some cool pictures.  Check it out.


                                   It was March and it had been snowing in the Flagstaff area. 


                                                Meteor Crater from 5 Miles away.
                                                             The visitor's Center.

                                                    

                                           The Bottom of the Pit. Can you see the Astronaut?
                    Looking back at the San Francisco Peaks near Flagstaff from the rim of the crater.
                                       On to Winslow Arizona. "Staning on the Corner".


                                                     La Posada Hotel in Winslow.



                                         La Posada is like a museum and art gallery in one.
                           After staying the night in Winslow, it was on to the Rock Art Ranch which is a museum and a working 70,000 acre ranch run by cowboy Brantley Baird. 



  
                                      They say these glyphs could be 9,000 years old. 



                  I had a great time visiting Meteor Crater, The Rock Art Ranch and Winslow Arizona



32 comments:

  1. I'm still looking for the girls in a flat bed ford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just beautiful. I can't wait to bring my kids there. Geoff Heisenberg here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great places to visit. They were doing some renovation in Winslow when I was there. Bet it's even cooler now.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them. It was a great overnight trip.

      Delete
  4. Way cool. I'd have a fun time exploring here.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. Old Cowboy, Brantley Baird shoooed the Buffalo away from the gate we were passing through like they were kittens.

      Have an amazing week.

      Delete
  5. Very interesting.
    Thank you for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/09/pop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  6. Such a fine sight to see.....
    Have a great week! Teresa from NanaHood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a girl, my lord,,,

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  7. Very cool. Another amazing place I would love to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go back soon.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. oh wow you have some awesome holiday snaps! Thank you for sharing this with us at #TriumphantTales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed my pics.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  9. Nice pics. Good to see meteor crater.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All looks very cool! Never made it to that part of Arizona yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth the trip.

      Thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  11. I wonder if this area is still as you remember it. My husband and I went to Florida Keys and Miami this past summer. With Hurricane Irma having come through and tearing up everything in it's path, it's got me thinking twice about sharing my summer adventures on my blog. It's absolutely crazy how quickly things can change. But, at the same time, it's always fun to remember the travels we have done. And sometimes things don't change for years at a time… I think that Meteor crater looks crazy awesome and would love to see it!

    With Love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that the town of Winslow has done a lot of renovation since my trip. I want to go back.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  12. These are great pictures. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  13. Similar trip to one hubby and I took in 2009 with MIL, we drove from Vegas in one day and when we got to the Crater, MIL said she'd stay in the car and wasn't that bothered so we went without her, enjoyed a long drink and cake and read every single sign and explored every exhibit, she sat in the car for 4 hours.....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why sit in the car? Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  14. That does look really neat! So odd to see snow within the desert. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Learn. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right - these ARE cool pictures.
    Thanks for sharing them with us at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/09/orchids-endless-variety.html

    ReplyDelete