Sunday, September 29, 2013

Decisions, Decisions

  It’s no secret that as a Republican for all of my adult life, I have opposed Obamacare going back to when they called it Hillarycare.   I’ve known that our American healthcare system needed some changes to make it more affordable but, the Affordable Healthcare Act did nothing to lower any of the costs.  The Democrats refused to even consider things that would have lowered the costs like Tort Reform and allowing health insurance to be purchased across state lines because they were “Republican” ideas.   So in the end, we got an extremely huge and expensive, partisan bill that NO Republican could vote for.   It isn’t any surprise that now that it has been implemented it is a complete disaster.  We saw this coming.

  A few years ago, in a campaign style speech, President Obama blamed “Uncle Tim, who’s been watching too much Fox News” for the epic failure of Obamacare.  I am the "Uncle Tim" who is destroying Obamacare by watching Fox News too much.  In fact, I have a Fox News coffee mug that I drink coffee out of while watching Fox News.
 
When I first heard on Fox News that President Obama was putting the blame for the epic failure of his signature legislation totally on my shoulders, I thought cool!  I don’t want Obamacare and about 73% of Americans don’t want it either.  I took satisfaction in knowing that all I had to do was watch the same Fox News that I have been watching for 18 years now and Obamacare would be doomed.

  Other thoughts then crept into my head.  Questions arose like:  Is it fair that one man has all this power over the Health Insurance of a great nation?   What about the 12% of Americans who support Obamacare?  Am I starting to get bored with watching Fox News?  Do I need a new toothbrush?  Can I make some money out of this?

  I have actually developed some anxiety over being  named The Great Obamacare Slayer by the President, so I would like to hear from you.  I want you to tell me if I should continue to watch Fox News every day and rejoice in single handedly causing the demise of Obamacare or should I change the channel to CNN and allow Obamacare to flourish as a great unselfish act of citizenship or should I ask the President to pay me $728,000.00 for switching the channel to CNN?


Please let me know what you think in the comments boxes.  

36 comments:

  1. Continue to watch Fox News. At least you'll get more truth than the mainstream news media. They are so slanted to the left it's crazy.

    We don't have a clue what's going to happen to our healthcare. The exchanges are supposed to open October 1 and our health care providers haven't a clue what to expect. Sounds like all government plans to me.

    Have a terrific Silly Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think I will unless the Prez comes through with the dough. We all have our price. Mine is $728,000.00.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carry on watching I say

    Our government are trying their hardest to privatise our NHS (with vested interests) through the back door but I very much doubt they will get away with it through their smear campaigns roll on the next election to get them out of office and stop them lining their own pockets.

    Have a great week and keep turned on to Fox News

    Columbo

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY husband could have written this post, word for word. :)
    Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle Tim, be the great American that you are, and continue watching fox news, we need more Americans like you, God Bless America, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. I don't really know that much about Obamacare and we don't have Fox news. One of the biggest surprises to me when I moved out of the states was just how censored the US news actually appears to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that Fox News is the least censored news. Some news organizations haven't reported much on the story of a U.S. Ambassador being killed in Benghazi Libya. They try to protect the Obama Administration by not reporting on their failures.

      Delete
  7. And the truth is, what ever they tell us in the news (any channel) is that there is always something going on behind the scenes they dont tell us, (the government) They use it all as smoke screens to keep us from knowing the truth, what ever that may be.

    Thanks for sharing this weekend on Oh My Heartsie Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your opinion. Exactly where the truth is on Obamacare, I don't think anyone knows.

      Delete
  8. All I know, and we all realize, is that the healthcare system in this country has been broken for a long time. I don't think anyone really knows how to fix it, but I do believe that everyone deserves quality healthcare when they fall ill no matter what their background or economic status is. It's not about being Republican or Democrat to me as I feel most of them are full of crap anyway up on Capitol Hill. Who knows where this will all end up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your opinion. Who knows where this will all end up.

      Delete
  9. Man, that's a heck of a beard you've got. Ever considered dying it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've browsed over to your blog a few times in the past but I didn't know you posted political stuff. I tend not to post politics. Blogs give you the freedom to write your own rules and exercise freedom of speech. It appears you realize that Fox News is biased (yes you didn't write that but you imply CNN goes the other direction). My opinion is Fox and MSNBC are opposites with CNN about in the middle. Currently I don't watch any of them. I dropped cable TV. I would suggest watching the NewsHour on PBS and some of the Frontline programs. Frontline did a program awhile ago that went into depth about the 2011 debt limit fight. It left me thinking President Obama missed his chance on that one. I consider myself a moderate. I suggest that people look at different sides, opinions and lunch menus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to limit what I post to any categories although I prefer comedy.

      Thank you for visiting and giving your opinions and experiences.

      I agree that people need to look at many different sources of information and listen to different opinions.

      Delete
  11. Would I get sick and go on Obamacare for $728,000? No!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your post at Together on Tuesdays! I think it's funny. As a life-long Repub. voter, I ended up with numerous illnesses (pre-existing conditions as they say). So, even though I'm a person who should hate Obamacare, it's the only insurance I can get. Even though getting through the paperwork is annoying, the insurance works well for me. I would be bankrupt without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and I wish you good health.

      Delete
  13. I would stick with Fox. Thanks for sharing your post with Creatively Crafty Link Party #CCBG http://tryit-likeit.com/link-party-it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will stick with Fox because nobody sent me a check yet.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  14. Agent 54, you single handedly destroyed Obamacare? WOW! What an achievement for you. Now, you really need to get cracking on doing something about this crazy election. America is counting on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds to me like Susan above has hit on something, looking on from over the pond! Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is interesting. I am from England which is NHS care and I am now on Jersey, Channel Islands which is private. We have to pay for everything. I do miss the NHS though! #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The corrupt Obama administration has made a mess of our system by favoring campaign contributors. Promises not kept. Fees skyrocketing.

      Delete
  17. Another amusing post that has brightened up a dreary day #hapoysunday@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to cheer you up.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  18. Amusing - really I wonder how you come up such great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm guessing there's still no check? Just wondering if the changes in FOX over the last year have impacted your viewing enjoyment? Thanks for sharing at The Blogger's Pit Stop! Roseann from www.thisautoimmunelife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can barely watch the news anymore.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete