Sunday, September 8, 2013

Roto Rooter Flushes Hornets

   
  Agent 54 here again.  I don't often get to tell Hockey stories.  Most people don't want to hear it.  Truth is that if you haven't played, it is hard to relate.  Take my word for it, Hockey is the coolest thing God ever created.  I wrote this up and sent it in to the local paper after our series victory.  It is one of the few things I sent them that they didn't publish.  My friend Joe requested that I post it.   

                          
  In a first round playoff match-up of the Penn-Jersey Hockey League, C division, Roto Rooter eliminated the Hornets 2 games to none Monday night at the Flyers Skate Zone in Bethlehem.

  The Hornets had “bugged” Roto Rooter for 3 years, consistently getting the best of them in the regular season and the playoffs.

  Things started to change when Roto Rooter faced the Hornets for the first time during this season.  The Hornets came into that game undefeated but Roto stopped their winning streak.  The Hornets got revenge in the next meeting, and that set up a dramatic playoff series.
  
Game one was a close and tense affair that seemed to have the Hornets up by a goal for most of the game until Paul Hockman scored on a Penalty Shot to tie the game at 3 all in the second period.  The game went into overtime and after a close call on a rush by Scott Richardson of the Hornets, Roto Rooter’s Ed Morris buried a wrist shot to give them thrilling 4-3 victory.

  Game two was even more dramatic.  The Hornets built a 3-0 lead after two periods and it looked like they would force a game 3.  However, Roto Rooter, lead by Jason Moorehead mounted an unbelievable come back capped off by Moorehead’s game winner with just 2.1 seconds left in regulation.  The final score was also 4-3

  Roto Rooter’s emotional post game celebration was a mixture of the joy of winning and relief of not having to face the Hornets for a deciding game 3. 

Agent 54 at the Ice Palace.
  After the brief celebration both teams displayed true sportsmanship by shaking hands and congratulating each other on a well played game.  It was a hard fought and thrilling series and will only serve to build up the rivalry in the future between the two teams.


                                                                   

30 comments:

  1. Games can be intense indeed. Very intense. You did this very well.

    Roto Rooter is an odd name for a hockey team though and I kept waiting for the players to have strange names. I'm just saying.

    Have a terrific Silly Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a real game with real players but, I could see a version with a little more imagination coming sometime in the future.

      Having a great Football Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Really weird name for a team ... but attention getting! :D Great job on summing up the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they sponsored us. Not a great team but, really good people on it. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Roto Rooter, that's the name, just flush your troubles down the drain, Thanks for posting this, good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for dropping by at my Silly Sunday post :)

    I know nothing about hockey but Roto Rooter sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Roto Rooter was a fun bunch.

      Delete
  5. LOL @ the name I know nothing about hockey either so all I will say is...Jolly Hockeysticks old chap ;-)

    Have a tanfastic week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  6. nicely done indeed....I played hockey most of my life...now retired after old timers....so I can relate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I played with the young guys because we didn't have an old guys league. Played till age 44. I still miss it.

      Delete
  7. Great game review. I'm a big hockey fan and can't wait for the NHL season to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun. On Richardson's rush I was the Defenseman and It was all I could do to force him wide. He took a bad angle shot and missed. He was half my age and fast as hell.

      Let's Go Flyers!

      Delete
  8. Yep, they shook hands. Was this before or after they spit on their palms. Tee hee.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/09/wordless-wednesday-jay-asher.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mam, we did not spit at each other. Thanks.

      Delete
  9. Hi Agent 54,
    It's time for my weekly visit!
    Thanks for bringing your hockey post to the Blogger's Pit Stop last week.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your visits.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  10. Visiting from #globalblogging and I'm a hockey fan! I've never played a game in my life but my kids and husband have played for years. It IS awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hockey is life. The rest is just details.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  11. OK, sadly I have to admit, I have never played/watched/known Ice Hockey, coming from South Africa where there is, well, NO ICE! But it loos interesting. I'm a little more used to Field Hockey! Thanks for linking up! #Globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss playing Ice Hockey. It was uplifting, especially when I made people fly.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  12. I have only played the girl hockey in school - Ice hockey looks far to dangerous but I bet watching it is exciting - thanks for sharing with I am Pinnable

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks again for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never got really into hockey although I did attend a game once and enjoyed it. Perhaps I need to broaden my horizons!

    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/09/inwardly-gazing-with-monochrome-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hockey is life. The rest is just details.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  15. Glad to see this story on the Plus.

    Hockey is a wonderful sport, especially the ice variety.

    And seriously, did you make people *fly*?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to launch people.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete