Sunday, January 24, 2016

After OZ

CL
  Agent 54 here again.  I got to listen in on another of  Blitzed Wolfer’s interviews this week.  Blitzed flew out to Arizona to find The Scarecrow, The Tinman and The Cowardly Lion, who are still good buddies after all these years.  Let’s catch up with our old friends.

Blitzed:  Hello again, this is Blitzed Wolfer for CAN and I’m here in Chandler, Arizona at the location of  the CLTMSC Security LLC company.  I’m here to find out how our old buddies from The Wizard of OZ are doing.  Let’s go inside.

Scene:  Inside it looks like a typical Bail Bondsman’s office with wanted posters and a general law enforcement theme.  The Cowardly Lion greets Blitzed.

Cowardly Lion:  Hi, how ya doin? 

Blitzed:  Hello Mr. Lion.  We spoke on the phone about the interview.

Cowardly Lion:  Of course we did.  C’mon in.  Make yourself comfortable.  Ya know, you can call me CL.

Blitzed: Thank you CL.  So, where are the other guys?

CL:  Oh, TM, uh, that’s the Tinman, he’s out collecting a bail jumper.  Ya know the Tinman always gets his man, ah ha ha.

TM
Blitzed:  Ha ha, that’s clever…and The Scarecrow?

CL:  Oh, he’s in the back office, numbers crunching as usual.

Blitzed:  So you guys all work here?

CL:  Yeah, we created this business together.  I’m the front lion and I manage and train our security guard employees.  Ya know, since I found my courage, I’ve really gotten good at this self-defense type stuff. 

Blitzed:  I see, it looks like you’re doing well here.  Why did the three of you come to Arizona?

Cl:  Oh, well, ya know, after that whole Wicked Witch of the West fiasco, we had to get the heck out of The Emerald City in a hurry! 

Blitzed:  Really?  I thought you guys were big heroes there.  What happened?

CL:  Oh yeah, the people loved us and I was elected King of the Forrest and all but, then the lawsuits started.  That darned WWW has about 50 cousins and half of them are lawyers.  I ain’t scared a nuttin no more except lawyers.  Damn lawyers!

Blitzed:  I don’t blame you.  So, do you ever hear from Dorothy?
SC

The Tinman comes through the front door, without his man.

CL:  TM!  Where’s your guy?

TM:  Sorry CL, I found him but, you know he has a family and he has to work the night shift to earn the money to pay for day care for the kids and…

CL:  (cutting of TM) Ya let him go again.

TM: Sorry CL.

Blitzed:  Does this happen often?

CL:  Too often!  TM, how many times have I told you?  Ya have to control that over-sized heart of yours.  SC is going to have a fit!

The Scarecrow comes out of the back room wearing a green account’s visor, pencil behind his ear and holding a financial ledger in his arms.  He looks up over his reading glasses.

BW
SC:  Tinman!  Your back.  Where is he?

CL:  Don’t ask.

TM:  Sorry SC.

SC:  (angrily)  I don’t believe it.  Now how do you expect me to pay for your annual rust proofing?  Honestly, you give migraines and I don’t even have a brain.

The Tinman starts to weep.

CL:  (handing TM a tissue)  Cut it out.  It’ll be okay. 

SC:  Incredible!

The Scarecrow rushes back into his office and slams the door behind him.

CL:  Take it easy TM.  You know SC is a worrier.  It will all be okay.

TM:  I dunno, he looked pretty mad.  You know, I think he still resents me for insisting we come to Arizona.

CL:  Nonsense!  He knows that if we stayed in Kansas, you would have rusted to death by now and he’d still be out standing in a field.

Blitzed:  Pardon me for interrupting but, is this business in trouble?

CL:  Well, in this “Obama Recovery” nobody is doing great but, we’ll get by.  Hey, thanks for coming out Blitzed and tell all your friends to call CLTMSC Security LLC for all their security needs.

Blitzed:  Thank you CL.  Well that raps it up.  This is Blitzed Wolfer for CAN from Chandler, Arizona saying “thanks for watching”.  



Holly flying monkeys!  I had no idea those guys were in Arizona.  Stay tuned to Agent 54 to see who Blitzed Wolfer interviews next.


10 comments:

  1. I know a lot of folks that can't find work at all. What recovery. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I don't think the poor are quite getting that.

    Have a fabulous Silly Sunday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a hard time to have your own business too.

      Hope you survive the "Obama Recovery". Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. I agree with both of you it's the same here too

    Have a good week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great post! I always save your posts for when I need a lift. Thanks for sharing on #FridayFrivolity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope to write again soon.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the light-hearted post we need that relief now and then.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. bringing lots of great memories back and this post is oh so much fun, leaving with a smile
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to make you smile.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete