Saturday, November 19, 2016

A Nerdy Movie Review?

My 2013 Chevy Sonic
  Agent 54 here again.  I earned some free passes at work so, I took my buddies to see a movie and then we went to the pool to review it.   The group included Shamu, Flipper and Charlie Tuna.  These are our thoughts on Keeping up with The Joneses starring Zach Galifianakis, Isla Fisher, Gal Gadot and Jon Hamm.

Agent 54:  Okay, I’ll go first.  I really liked the movie and I thought it was cool that the lead character, Jeff Gaffney, who was played by Zack Galifianakis drove the same car as me.  The movie was pretty funny.

Shamu:  Is you crazy!  Man, the first half of that movie was so slow it woulda lost a race with Sea Snail.  The only cool part was when they was eatin snakes. 

Flippper:  Yeah, I dunno.  I mean it was a little funny sometimes and it did have some great car chases and gun fights and a couple of nice explosions.  Oh yeah I like the little redhead, Isla Fisher.  Get it?  Isla Fisher?  Get it, I’m a fish.  Isla Fisher?

Zach Galifianakis
Charlie Tuna:  Yo Flip! How many times do I have to remind you, you’re a Marine Mammal.  C’mon, have a little class.

Flipper:  Who cares.  I bet Isla Fisher don’t know the difference.  I betcha!

Shamu:   Is you crazy too!  Man, the chick playin Mrs. Jones was the hottie of this movie.  (singing) Me-e-e and Mrs., Mrs. Jo-o-ones, Mrs. Jones, we got a thing goin on.

Charlie Tuna:  Oh boy, ain’t nobody got no class around here?
Charlie Tuna

Agent 54:  C’mon guys the movie was funny.

Charlie Tuna:  Yeah, the only reason you liked it was cuz you look like Zach Gala-Gala-Gala- what’s-his-name and you drive the same stupid car.  You do realize that car was part of the joke, don’tcha?  

Shamu:  Yeah, you know, nerdy little fat dude in a cheap little car.  Can you be sayin “Loooooser”?

Agent 54:  Whatda ya mean?  I don’t look like Zach and he lost weight for this role and that little car gets 30 mpg and it got your ass to the movies today, didn’t it?

Flipper:  Yeah uh.  Agent 54, let’s review.  You’re fat, he’s fat.  You’re short, he’s short.  You’re a white dude with a beard…..starting to get the picture here?

Agent 54:  I liked the character, Jeff Gaffney.  He’s a college graduate and he has an important job and a nice house and a nice car and good-lookin wife.

Flipper
Shamu:  Nerd Alert!

Flipper:  Nerd Alert!

Charlie Tuna:  Nerd Alert!

Agent 54:  Gimmie a break!  And who you callin fat, Shamu?  And Charlie, I thought you had a little more class than that.

Shamu:  Nerd Alert!

Flipper:  Nerd Alert!

Charlie Tuna:  Nerd Alert!

Agent 54:  Fine!  Well, I’m giving the movie 5 outta 5 Starfish.  I thought it was great!

Shamu:  Shiiiiit!  I’m jus givin it 2 Starfish, both for (singing) Mrs. Mrs. Jo-o-ones.

Shamu
Flipper:  Right with ya, Shamu.  2 Starfish for my little redhead fisher girl.

Charlie Tuna:  I’m givin it 2 Starfish too.  I liked the pool scene.

Agent 54: (pulling a pocket calculator out)  Fine!  So, doing the math, that comes out to an average of  2.75 Starfish for Keeping up with The Joneses.

Shamu:  Nerd Alert!

Flipper:  Nerd Alert!

Charlie Tuna:  Nerd Alert!


Agent 54:  Fine!  Whatever!  Next time we go to the movies, one of you guys can drive. 

Sharknado Review
LA LA Liked it.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vo. 2

28 comments:

  1. I never trust the opinions of fish and marine mammals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, what do they know!

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  2. Agent 54- where did you find Charlie Tuna? I thought he was retired and living the high life in Florida? I was wondering about this movie and it does sound pretty funny. Is it autobiographical? Although you don't look anything like Zach. Terrific post! Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Charlie Tuna hangs out with us from time to time.

      Glad to make you laugh. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. I havent been to the cinema "properly" in over 5 years now...

    I have been to parent and baby showings which were quite good with soft lighting and the volume is turned down lower and I havent been to those for 4 years either.

    I dont even try to go to the cinema now as I dont think that Evie would sit through a long film yet.

    Well done on getting the free cinema tickets though (here is the UK the tickets are quite expensive IMO)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my employer is quite generous with movie tickets and other perks. I love to take my wife and friends to the movies with free tickets.

    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Joe said. I don't trust their opinions either.

    Have a terrific Silly Sunday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and they can drive next time too.

      Thanks for all your support.

      Delete
  6. They sure aren't nice to you, for all you do for them. Your opinion is the one that counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they're just teasing. We're good buddies.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  7. Been wondering what it might rate at. Maybe with that rating I'll wait for the video version. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least I liked it.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/11/haifa-israel.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my friend..Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I glad that I could inform you.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  10. Am I in the movie of Nemo? #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My buddies and I have to review that one.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  11. Great review, made me giggle- thank you for sharing with I am PInnable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for giggling and allowing me to share.

      Delete
  12. Hi Agent, it sounds like a proper circus. I'm surprised you never got asked to leave (or do your fishy buddies know how to behave in public?). I'm up for a funny movie any day of the week.

    Thank you for linking to the #MMBC.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my buddies behave until they get into the pool.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  13. I saw that it was already on HBO so that can't be a good sign. But then again the Nice Guys didn't have much fanfare and that was an excellent flick. Think I'll give it a try since it's free. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  14. I've not seen the movie, but thank you for joining us at #TriumphantTales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy it.

      Thanks for allowing me to share.

      Delete
  15. I love getting out to the cinema. I haven't been able to get out for a while but these reviews are making me want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to see you sneaking into the movies.

      Thanks for playing.

      Delete